Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Home Remedies

Lately I've been getting into home remedies and homemade goodies. It's the closest I'll get to willingly cook. I don't know about you, but I would rather try something natural first before I turn to the pharmaceuticals. Since the cold season is upon us, I thought I would pass along some remedies to you. In a little bit, I'll be making lotions, lip balms, and other goodies, so keep an eye out for them! My family will be getting those for Christmas this year because I'm tired of shelling out money; we all are. Actually, we're just going to enjoy a fun time together, but I'm going to surprise them with it since they know I hate to cook.

Burns
Mix equal parts of vinegar and baking soda. Cover over the burn.

Sore Throat
Heat 1 cup water, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 and a half tablespoons of honey. Stir and drink.

Sleepless Nights
Mix 1 teaspoon of honey (they also make lavender honey, which works best for this) in lukewarm milk. Drink.

Stomach Ache
Mix 1 teaspoon of honey, half cup hot water, half a lemon juiced, and half teaspoon freshly grated ginger. Ginger is optional. Drink.

Cough Syrup
#1 - Mix one-fourth cup molasses, three-fourth teaspoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon butter. Heat. Drink.
#2 - Mix one-fourth teaspoon cayenne pepper, one-fourth teaspoon ground ginger, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons water. Warm. Drink.

Heartburn 
Dissolve half teaspoon baking soda in 1 cup water. Drink. Quickly.

Colds, Indigestion, Cough
Combine 8 ounces pineapple juice, 2 teaspoons honey, one-fourth teaspoon grated fresh ginger over low heat. Drink.

I tend to get coughy and sickish during the winter, so I'm hoping these will hold them off a bit. I hate going to the doctor when I can avoid it.

No comments: