Saturday, September 7, 2013

Loves: Face Products

Growing up, my mother stressed the importance of taking care of my face. There are many products you need or want that you don't need to buy the most expensive or name brand option. Facial products aren't one of those. Having the right products for your needs can make all the difference in the world. After all, your face is what is noticed and scrutinized most.

The past few months, I have been playing with new products to find the one for me. Now that I live in Puget Sound, WA, my face has changed a bit with the new climate, so I've changed my products, too. No longer am I prone to oil; rather, I tend to be dry.

For my face wash/scrub, I use Neutrogena Naturals. Many dermatologists say that since the wash isn't on the skin for long, you don't have to invest a lot of money into your product. Still, you don't want plain soap. Neutrogena is always an excellent choice for any product you need. I really love their new Naturals line. It's very gentle.


After the washing, follow with a toner. Yes, toners are good. They help reduce pore size and remove any leftover dirt the cleanser might have missed. For now, I am using Burt's Bees Rose Water toner. I really enjoy it, but it contains alcohol which can dry out the skin. Not only does it smell great, it also can be used as a cleanser if you're in a hurry or your water is out.

Now, for my favorite brand: Clarins. After a long search, I have fully realized that Clarins works the best for my skin. Happily, there is a Clarins outlet store about an hour from where I live, so I can get my products cheaper than if I were to buy them in, say, Macy's. What I love about the outlet is they have gift sets of full-sized products for about the same price as the product alone. Needless to say I have racked up over the past few months. Below, is my treasure trove.


Aside from facial products, Clarins has amazing body products like body oils, makeup, and excellent lotion.

I truly believe in the power of face products. Preserve your face while you can, and put on sunscreen!

No comments: