Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Reading, Summer Watching

There's something about the summer. Somehow, everything seems more relaxed. More time to stop and smell the roses and expand our horizons. This summer, I've been reading like crazy and taking full advantage of the library where I work. We have an amazing collection, especially movies. I've been reading more books on style. My style changes about every 9 months or so. I've been moving from a laid back, nature-girl look to casual chic. Another quest of mine, if you will, is rediscovering my artsy side. I wanted to share some of my finds in case you're doing the same as I.

Lessons from Madame Chic by Jennifer Scott is a wonderful read. Jennifer recalls twenty lessons she picked up while studying and living in Paris as a college exchange student. One lesson I really enjoyed was watching French films to get a sense of the women's style and makeup.That lead me to watch Priceless with Audrey Tautou. I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it, especially if you're looking for French style.


How To Look Expensive by Andrea Lustig is a must read for anyone who loves fashion and beauty. It's filled with great suggestions, tips, and how-tos based on your personal needs and style. I loved it so much that I went out and bought it. Yeah, it's that good.

I really love the summer. So full of possibilities. I'd love to hear what you're reading!

No comments: