Sunday, December 23, 2012

Finding a Signature Scent

I think it was back in fourth grade that I received my first perfume. It was Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. I wore that scent for years, and to this day it still smells great on me. When it comes to perfume, it may smell great when you spray it on a strip or in the air, but it changes once it comes into contact with your skin. That's why it's so important to test it out on your body and walk around for a while before purchasing. Not only does this allow you to see if it works with your chemistry, it also allows you to determine if it will stay with you for a short or long time.

Having a signature scent, to me, is essential. What happens with me is that I love so many scents that I have amassed quite a collection over the years. I wear some scents during certain times of the year. For example, many times I tend to gravitate toward lavender during the winter months. This probably has something to do with the fact that I first discovered my love for the flower in the winter during college. I got my hands on everything lavender; I was even lucky to find just straight lavender perfume. It was heavenly. During my last two years of college, I fell in love with Burberry London. It smelled elegant. It took two years to go through one bottle, and every time I smell it I think of my time in my beloved university.

While I have many perfumes already (Victoria's Secret Heavenly and Estee Lauder Beautiful Love), I have finally found my absolute favorite. Chloe Eau de Parfum is the best fragrance I've ever had. It smells so sweet, and it really lasts all day. I used my birthday gift cards and finally bought a bottle yesterday. I had it on all day, and when I woke up this morning, I could still smell it on my neck.

Description: Chloé's newly unveiled signature scent captures the creative, confident individuality of the Chloé woman. A fresh and feminine fragrance with an utterly innate sense of chic. Notes: pink peony, rose, lychée, lily of the valley, magnolia, velvet rose, cedar wood. amber, honey.

 If you haven't found a scent you love, I highly recommend it. I feel every woman should have a fragrance that is hers.

No comments: