Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Getting Soft Hair

My hair tends toward the frizzy side. It's thick, so it can also feel rough. In college, I was introduced to Silk Protein Silk Therapy. I loved it. I've been thinking about trying the argan oil, but many of them, especially the one I want (Josie Maran), are pricey. That said, I thought I would try out the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment. I didn't go looking for it. I've been wanting something to make my hair soft, but I didn't want to spend the money on the above products. I'm all for finding something that gets the same results without the steep price tag.


The Moroccan Sleek treatment is very affordable. Mine was less than $5. What's great about it is that you can use it in the shower during the conditioning process, on damp hair as a leave-in, or on dry hair, just like the expensive lines. I used mine on my damp hair post shower. Then, I dried and straightened my hair. Here's the result:



Bad lighting as this was a spur-of-the-moment photo at night. This is how my hair looked at the end of the day of using the oil treatment. I love it. My hair is still soft, and it's much softer than when I only straighten. I'm constantly running my hand through my hair as I can actually run my hand through without getting caught in a tangle.

Overall, I'm loving this. It's affordable, and it gets amazing results.


1 comment:

Jenmarie said...

I have never heard of this product before. Your hair does look super soft!