Sunday, April 29, 2012

San Diego Place to See: La Jolla!

There is a lot to see and do here in San Diego. Even after living here for over eight months, I constantly find new things to see and do. The other day I visited La Jolla, which is a few miles north of the downtown area of San Diego. I've been there for snorkeling, but this time I got to go shopping around.

 It's starting to warm up out here, and the ocean is gradually getting warmer. I'm itching to go boogie boarding soon. The beach - it's one of the most famous beaches in America, mostly due to the beautiful coves and caves which are perfect for snorkeling, scuba diving, and surfing - was crowded but not unbearably so.

The shops are amazing. They have high end like Ralph Lauren and local places. A boutique I popped into is Fresh Produce where my husband bought me a lovely pair of earrings from Viva Beads. The beads are actually made from ceramic. The picture makes the pair look pink, but they are actually a soft purple.

I plan on coming back often; after all, it's only 20 or so minutes from our place. Pretty much anybody would love it here. You have activities on the beach and in the water, shopping, and art galleries. It's wonderful, but the parking is awful. You can find some parking lots for $5.




Seals sunbathing on the beach next to us.




No comments: