Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, Audrey!


Happy birthday to my favorite actress of all time: Audrey Hepburn! I'm not sure when or how I first came to love her. I think it was around my sophomore year of college when I was changing my style to one more elegant when I came across reference after reference of her style. Once I read about her and saw just one of her movies, I was hooked forever. I love all of her works, but mostly I love her fashion sense. She is a true style icon who really helped to establish the "classics" of fashion and make it okay for women to walk around in ballet flats instead of heels. With her, the turtleneck is sophisticated, not stuffy. Even with Breakfast at Tiffany's, she still maintained enhanced yet natural makeup, which I adhere to even today. I just adore Audrey.

No comments: