Tuesday, December 20, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Yes, Christmas is next week! I'm happily back home in Alabama for awhile. I don't have a list of things I want, per se, but there are a few items I wouldn't mind having. I also have some things here that I love so much that I wanted to introduce them to you in case you need ideas for yourself or others!

I'm a fan of Victoria's Secret. I love the makeup, perfume, PJs, and the right bra. No, I don't like Pink; I'm 27 not 21. The face primer is amazing; it's worthing getting, plus it has an SPF in it. The flannel PJs are my favorite, but I wear my sleeves down. I would really love a pair.

 I love hiking, but I don't have any hiking boots. I wear my athletic shoes, which isn't a good idea while on the trails. I need a shoe that is waterproof and has ankle protectors - a combo that is hard to find. Even harder, I want a gray pair so they will match anything I wear. I love Timberland and Merrell. The two don't meet all criteria, but they come close to it.


I love biographies. I'm noticing that I'm getting away from fiction and leaning toward bios. One of my favorite subjects is Tudor England. There's something about Christmas time that makes me want to read about the Tudors. I am really into Anne Boleyn; it's hard to find a good one of here, but I do recommend The Lady in the Tower by Allison Weir. Right now, I want Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII.

I have a feeling most of you have favorite stores you know you can always find something you want. If that's the case, a gift card from there is the best option. I love gift cards. Loft is one of those places for me. I find the clothes there very classy, classic, and comfy. Many times they have really good sales, especially now. You should check them out if you haven't already.

I love the store Brookstone. They are pricey, but they have some really good items. I've had my eye on a throw for a while, but what I really want is a new sound machine. I love falling asleep to the sound of nature, especially since living in a big city like San Diego I don't hear nature. I love the sound of a thunderstorm, which we never hear in S.D. anymore. Makes me sad. So, to make up for it, I want a sound machine. And I want this one.

No comments: