Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Inspiration: a Writer's Desk

I love old furniture. I'm not a fan of taking something new and destressing it. I like for it to have an old world feel while still looking nice. A good desk is essential at some point in life; it's one of the reasons I love libraries and universities so much. I found some beautiful desks but are they pricey! I would never buy it. These pieces are so amazing because they tie in my love for travel with a flare of old school libraries. If Indiana Jones were real, I could see him having one of these. They are found at Restoration Hardware. It's a beautiful but expensive store. Right now, they are offering some neat stocking stuffers that actually don't cost a lot.

This first desk is my favorite. The shelves remind me of the old card catalogs in libraries. From the side, it looks like a trunk. How beautiful is this? The desktop is actually sturdier than it looks. My only concern is I like to stretch out my legs while I'm at a desk. For me, this is a "writing only" desk due to the size of the desktop. 

I really love this one. I feel like I should be getting ready for a trip somewhere. It has plenty of space above and below and plenty of space. I love how both pieces have a trunk feel. I never would have thought of it, but for me they're perfect. I would love this if I were a professor, which I a part of me would love to be. A guess I can't fight my teaching roots too much. I have been thinking about returning to teaching back home....

No comments: