Monday, April 4, 2011

Current Loves

So, I'm starting on Week Four of being away from my husband while he's in basic training for the Navy's bootcamp. I'm trying to keep occupied, but I'm noticing I need to create a schedule; otherwise, I end up watching SVU or House marathons on USA Network. I'm so glad I have God to get me through this time. Without His presence I would go crazy. It's so comforting to know He has my husband and me in His hands and that He's guiding us. I'm so grateful and blessed for that!

So, here are a few things I'm loving right now!

The Killing on AMC is amazing! The first episode was last night, and I'm hooked. The website is addicting. It has a place where you can decide who killed Rosie Larsen, explore Rosie's room, and watch behind the scenes videos. The season focuses on Rosie's murder, and each episode is one day in the investigation. It will suck you in, and you will really hate it when the episode ends. I did! The website has the pilot up, so go watch it!

So, WAY FM is my radio station of choice, and I am now getting into listening to it online. You can stream it here; it's a Christian radio station. I'm loving it so much. The songs are so uplifting and amazing. The songs have a range of sounds, so everyone can find something they like; the songs talk about Christ and/or struggles we face in our lives, such as joy and despair. It's a great station.

Maybe someone can help me with this: why is there a spider in spider solitaire? How in the world does that work? Needless to say, I'm addicted. I found this game on my computer last November. It started as a distraction from my grad school work - a little way to rest my brain during all the papers and research. Now, yes, I'm addicted. High score: 1206. Go me!

Oh,  yes, I really want to go on a weekend get-away somewhere. I'm getting cabin fever!

No comments: