Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Madness

Well, taxes are done! It was another way I really felt married since we filed married. Taxes, surprisingly, don't bother me. I'm extremely organized, so it takes me about an hour to two (depending on what I'm watching on TV!) to get them all ready and tallied. I itemized these past two years due to grad school, which helped! Two years ago, I had to pay a lot, so I always worry when it's tax time. 

My system is very easy. I use an accordion folder. Mine is plastic and durable. By the end of the year, it's hard for me to put the strap around it. Here's what I keep in it (each has its own folder pocket):

1. Paycheck stubs
2. Medical receipts
3. Checking/savings stubs that have cleared
4. General receipts that can be written off
5. Car payment stubs
6. Insurance info and receipts
7. Credit card statements

It sometimes changes each year, especially as I get older. Tailor yours to fit you. You can buy some really good, sturdy ones at Wal-Mart and Office Max. Try to get a sturdy plastic so it will last year after year without tearing!



No comments: