Saturday, November 3, 2012

John Frieda Smooth and Sleek Finish Flat Iron Review


I had my hair cut a few weeks ago. The stylist cut it about an inch too short and did something crazy with the layers in the back. One of the pitfalls of moving to a new town is trying to find someone to cut your hair. I'm just waiting for it to grow out a bit so I can get it fix by someone else.

In the meantime, since it's so short I decided to get a new flat iron. I've been wanting shorter hair, and I knew I would need a new flat iron. My older iron is a 2" paddle, so I bought the John Frieda Smooth and Sleek flat iron which has a 1" paddle. I find the smaller paddles easier to handle for short hair. It goes up to 455 degrees Fahrenheit.


I'm not a big fan of the placement of the buttons, so I put my thumb on the temp screen while I style my hair. Other than that I love it. It uses ionic conditioning to keep hair smooth without sucking the moisture from the hair. It has a swivel end, which is nice because it lets me move it around very easily.

My hair is naturally voluminous, thick, and wavy, so I have to use a straightener on it to make it look halfway decent. After using it, I have to same I am rather pleased with it. My hair is straight, glossy, and still healthy. I really doesn't dry it out or damage it.



So, do I recommend this product? Yes! It works very well. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $40. I believe in paying a little more to get a quality tool since it will last a long time. One day, however, I do hope to purchase a Chi flat iron, but they are way too pricey for me now. A flat iron is a vital tool for ladies with thick hair, frizzy hair, wavy/curly hair, or any other issue. I swear by it.

No comments: