Friday, August 10, 2012

Spartina 449 - Unique Style

I've been so obsessed with my Pinterest boards that I've been neglecting the blog. Anyway, I love local shops. I lean toward some eclectic styles. For me, I love something that is really me. When you are on a budget, you want your money to count for something, so having signature items you'll love instead of so-so items really make an impact and will keep you happy longer. The more you use an item, the more bang for the buck you get. I always take the cost of the item and divide by how many times I will actually use it. Once, I splurged on a pair of Chanel sunglasses. I wore them every day for over three years; I wore them out! A costly item at first, but I got my money's worth. I miss having a job.

For a fun look, I came across Spartina 449 in a local shop. I love it. It could be that they use a mermaid as their symbol (The Little Mermaid was my favorite as a child and is still a favorite), but their items are colorful and unique. They offer a unique online shopping experience: shopping by pattern or by shape. So fun. They are mostly an accessories company, but they are now starting to add clothing. Another great thing is a portion of their proceeds go to  the Daufuskie Island Historical Foundation, a non-profit organization created to preserve and protect the island's (where they began) historical and cultural heritage.

I'm loving these. Especially for Fall. I wish Fall would hurry up and get here!

Mermaid Necklace - $24

Jewelry Roll - $49

Scarf - $22

Scarf - $22

Shoulder bag - $115

Wallet - $38


No comments: