Friday, July 13, 2012

Five Things Friday

Well, I made it back to our new place in Puget Sound. I arrived late Wednesday night, actually early Thursday morning, and I've been working on boxes since. Mostly. Hopefully, it'll all be set and settled soon. I hate moving.

I've been loving some new things here recently. I'm kicking around the idea of starting a Friday segment called "Five Things Friday" in which I show you some things I'm loving or needing. Traveling always gets me inspired.


1. Signature Tree Necklace - I love trees, and I've been wanting a tree necklace. Not a medallion, but one shaped like a tree. My name means "ash tree" in Old English, so it would have a special meaning for me making it my signature.

2. Glimmery Aqua Nail Polish - This color reminds me of a mermaid's tail. I've always been fascinated by mermaids since I was little and saw The Little Mermaid; it's my favorite Disney movie as a child. Living by the ocean in cold waters has inspired me a bit, and this color is perfect. Plus, our new town has a mermaid statue downtown looking out over the ocean.

3. Tailored Blazer - I've worn this a lot as a suit, but now I'm wanting to experiment the jacket paired up with jeans. Very elegant. The elbow length sleeves are amazing; no pushing up required!

4. Sound Machine - I've missed my sound machine while it was in storage when we lived in San Diego (we were there temporarily, so we got a furnished place and put our belongings in storage). I am so excited to plug it in and listen to the rain or thunder at night. Oh, it's so soothing. If you wait until Christmas, Wal-Mart will have them for cheap and they're good.

5. Travel Pillow - I don't know how I've traveled without one for as long as I have. Not only is it good for the plane, it will be great in the car. I tend to let my head droop when I sleep while traveling, so this will keep my neck fine, plus it hides any unforeseen drooling.

No comments: