Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Road Trip

Well, we made it to our new town! It has been a crazy couple of weeks. God was really watching out for us. Going from San Diego to Puget Sound, WA, you really see a lot of the country, especially if you do like us and take a side trip first and end up being on a good-pace highway instead of the interstate. I am glad I cleared off my camera so I could take a lot of photos.

We stopped and looked at the Sequoia National Forest, which is such an amazing wonder that everyone should see it. It's where the world's largest tree is, the General Sherman.



The national forest has so many things to do; we want to go back and go camping there. It's a beautiful place to be. We were pressed for time, so we saw the important things but had to leave.

We passed through desert, mountains, and hills. One day it was unbearably hot, then it returned to normal. It's cooler here than San Diego, but the wind doesn't blow as much, so it evens out. 

About the third day of travel, we stopped in Portland. I've always wanted to travel there. We're about four hours away, so maybe we can do a weekend trip back. The main reason I wanted to stop there was for the glorious experience of having Voodoo Donuts. It was the best donut I ever had. I got two for the trip. One was the voodoo doll with the pretzel stick coming out of its heart and the M&M one. Yum. If you're in the area, you must go to one. There are three locations. I recommend the one in the pink building listed on the website. Lines are longest at the original building.





I'm glad to be here, but I'll be even more happy when our furniture arrives. Then I can call it home...ish.

No comments: