Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Love: Burt's Bees

I've been finding myself concerned with natural: a natural look, natural foods, and natural products. I'm becoming more concerned with what I put in and on my body. I'm also toning down the makeup, as well, to have that natural look without looking like I don't have anything on. A little enhancement, I guess. With food, I've been eating fresh items; my husband hates canned food and only uses fresh produce and meats when he cooks. Yes, I married a man who loves to cook! Love it!

In my pursuit, I have found myself drawn to Burt's Bees. I first discovered the minty fresh one during college while I worked at a chain bookstore. I fell in love. It lasted a long time. As I started doing more outdoor activities, I found the balm with SPF in it. Now, instead of a typical lipstick, I have added the tinted balm to my stash. I still love my Revlon Just Bitten, but the Burt's Bees gloss is great for the natural feel and for on the go.

My two choices other than the balm are the tinted lip balm in pink blossom and the tinted lip shimmer in rhubarb. I love them! The pink blossom goes on smoothly with a pretty pink pop, and the shimmer almost matches my own color with a hint of mint. They are wonderful. I hope to one day use the lotions.



No comments: