Friday, January 6, 2012

The 27th Year

In November, I turned 27. It's crazy. I'm the same age my mother was when she had me. No, I don't want kids. No, I'm not changing my mind. Why do people ask me that? Anyway. It got me thinking about my life. I've been blessed to have experienced and accomplished a lot. I have my Master's, I've traveled all over the country and to Europe, and I've found the love of my life to name a few. But then, I've focused on what I haven't done. Getting closer to 30, I know it's beyond time to really buckle down and start preparing for the future. Better to do it now than to wait until it's too late. That said, 27 is the year of prevention.

So, how do I go about doing this exactly? What do I want to accomplish?

1. This is the year I become a runner. I always have wanted to be one, but I find it boring. So, I'm thinking I'll sign up for a 5K. That's a small enough goal to motivate me, and it will be something my husband can do with me. There's one in September, so I'm aiming for that one. I think it's along the beach, too. Bonus! This is a habit I want to create so that I can have a healthy, strong body. Getting in real shape while I'm young and able will be great for my health in the future. Cancer runs in my family, and I know that exercise helps to prevent getting it.

2. Body routines. This is slightly embarrassing, but I don't always remember to brush my teeth at night. I'm so bad about flossing. I'm making a schedule for face washing - including which day of the week to do a scrub -, hair mask, teeth, everything. I'm also making sure I apply anti-aging products everyday. Prevention is key.

3. Yoga. I'm stressed out, so yoga does that and it's great for strengthening. I'm weak in the arms, and yoga uses natural body resistance, so that will really help. I want to work on the stress and managing it better. I always feel stronger and more relaxed after a good yoga session.

4. Better food choices. I'm still recovering from bronchitis. Nasty virus. I couldn't help but think if I had eaten more fruits and vegetables that I might not have suffered a much or as long as I have. That said, I am focusing more on eating to prevent nasty viruses, illnesses, and diseases. I don't want them.

Hopefully, I'll be feeling better soon and for a long time.

1 comment:

KIRUTHIVASAN said...

Great post on "The 27th Year". I have to appreciate your post & content flow . I found this post will be very useful for readers. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Get in touch with us via our websitesvegetarian restaurant | sweet shop