Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lessons from the First Week

First week of the job under my belt! It wasn't too terribly bad. Sure, there were a few moments of "what am I doing here?" I guess that's to be expected with the whole new job and field. I'm looking at this position as a way to learn more about my skills and what I want in a job. I know that I want my permanent job to be a university or high school librarian, but having a husband in the Navy will put that on the back burner. This position has made me realize that even more so. I know in time I'll get there. This job will help me hone my skills and hopefully help me in my witnessing skills to be fearless. The more I learn the more comfortable I feel.


This new opportunity has really gotten me to thinking about where I've been and where I want to go. I like that I had this change of losing a job I wanted. This really opened my eyes to what is really important to me. I've always been a person driven by goals, but these past years I've lost that. I lost part of myself. Moving to California gave me time to really ponder about everything. I'm so excited to be living this life. I'm realizing I'm living my dream.

No comments: