Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Restaurants Galore!

I'm getting well settled into San Diego. Even though I'm still looking for a job (dang it!) the city suites me. I love it here! There's so much to do, and the weather is perfect. You know how you'll see celebrities wearing pants and long-sleeves in August and September and wonder how they can stand it with the heat? Now I know why. There is no heat out here. I was surprised. It hardly gets above 80 degrees. Amazing.


My husband and I love British and Irish foods. Delicious! We found this English Pub called the Shakespeare Pub. The food was good, but it did need a little something else added to it. The place is very crowded, so get there early. For some reason, someone might have to explain this to me, but most people here eat at 7:00 P.M. Back home, we eat from 5:30-7:00 P.M., at least those are the high times.


What's so neat about this place is that it has a shop next to it that sells food and other items. Plus, you can go there for afternoon and high tea. I haven't tried it yet, but it is cheaper than some of the others. I want to cheek it out and report back!


It has always been a dream of mine to live by the ocean. The perfect dream is to live by the ocean and be a librarian at a university or college. For now, I'm taking what I can get. I know God has a plan for me, I just have to learn patience.



This weekend, we plan to go to Balboa Park, which is one of the main places here to see. I love parks, gardens, and museums, and all of the above are there. So exciting! Man, I love this city!

No comments: