Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Old South Travels

This past weekend, I visited the historic town of Franklin, Tennessee. It's just outside of Nashville right off the interstate, which makes it very easy to find. It has a huge mall, but I didn't go there. I went to the downtown area that has so many wonderful, unique stores and restaurants. The only chain place there was a Mellow Mushroom. I went with my parents - it's possibly our last excursion for awhile since I'll be moving with my husband in a couple of weeks.

We ate at a wonderful Irish restaurant. I had the homemade pot pie that came with Irish soda bread and a salad. Oh, it was so good!



The prices were very reasonable, so I highly recommend it if you're in the area. Now I'm hungry.


I found a place, well several places of shopping I just love! Some are pricey, but it's still so much fun just to go looking and browsing. I'm in love with this town. I didn't realize how close it was to me, and here I am about to move to California. Go figure.

Anyway, one of my finds was Franklin Tea. Now, I love tea and coffee. For me, a good day includes watching any Jane Austen novel on film with a pot of tea with my china. Happiness! So, I was so excited to find this store. My dad bought some British tea for me, and I bought lemon curd (think of the nursery rhyme!) and chocolate chip scone mix. I'm going to make this for breakfast for my husband when he comes home to help us move. Oh, this is so exciting!




The perfect ending to the hot day was a trip to the frozen yogurt place! I had coffee, raspberry sorbet, and pistachio (first time for pistachio for me!). Oh, it was so good! 

 

All in all, I had a great get-away day in the town! I love going exploring towns to see what all they have to offer.

No comments: