Well, it turns out I have a change of plans. Turns out my husband will be stationed in California instead of Illinois in a few weeks, and I'll probably get to join him at that time! I hope he'll get time to come home and help me pack!
I'm not complaining too much! It's San Diego! I've never been to California, so I'm excited. I have no clue what to expect out there, though. I've heard nothing but good things about the city. I've always loved to travel. I wanted to be a tour guide or flight attendant when I was little. Now, I just want to travel for fun.
So, this brings me to my purpose: how to travel in style! It's something we all need to know because you just never know!
- Dress in non-constrictive clothing - you'll be sitting for some time, such as waiting for the plane and then on the plane, so be comfortable!
- Wear your bulkiest items - it will save you space in your suitcase.
- Wear comfortable shoes - feel swell when you fly.
- Carry a shawl - it makes a great blanket.
- Bring rehydration items - the plane is dry, so bring water, moisturizer, lip balm, and eye drops. You want to look fresh!
- Layers up - only if you're changing climates.
- No ice! - if you ask for no ice for your beverage, they'll give you a cup of ice and the canned drink!
Tips from A Guide to Elegance by Genevieve Antoine Dariaux
- Wear a city outfit. Don't dress like you're about to step on the beach.
- Summer travel: beige shoes and/or bag. Very elegant!
P.S. - THANK YOU to all the lovely comments and support from my last post!! It means the world to me! :D