Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Style: Tweed skirt

What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Madison Studio from Belk
Skirt: Worthington from JC Penney 
Tights: Unknown, but they're plaid!
Shoes: Merona from Target
Earrings: Belk
Flower Ring: Boutique off the beaten path

How I Styled It:
The skirt is the type of skirt that you pretty much have to tuck the shirt in. It's tight at the waist and then flairs slightly at the hips. For the belt, instead of tying it in the front or back, I tied it off to the side. The tights have the same pattern as the skirt. I always love a lot of neutrals with a surprise splash of color, which is how I chose the color of the shoes. The heel height was chosen because the make-up, jewelry, and tights already had a slight edge to them, and I didn't want all-over edge. Proportions are important. :)