Monday, January 13, 2014

Life Challenge

I was reading Paris In Love last night. The author of the memoir decided to move her family to Paris for a year after she had received treatments for breast cancer. At the beginning she states that she didn't want to completely change her life and outlook; rather, she wanted to live someone else's life for a bit. Not an actual living person, but someone she created. I found that very thought-provoking. I have heard that you become what you pretend to be. I think if you do live the life of someone else, you are actually living your own authentic life without fear or doubts holding you back.

That said, I am ready to start to try to discover myself. To start being the woman I want to be. To not let the fear of failure hold me back. I will start one change at a time, one week at a time. Every Tuesday will be something new to add.

This Week's Challenge: Return to nature. I will walk  or hike outside or sit on my patio if it is raining. I love being outside, but I am not in it enough. Time to change that.




No comments: