Friday, November 30, 2012

A Day of Unexpected Pampering

Today was a lovely day. It was an unplanned day of luxury. It is amazing what a few good products can do for the spirit. At least, this is the case for me. I am the type of woman who enjoys a bit of prettiness indulging in some pampering. I'm not sure if you're like me, but sometimes I forget I have certain products, and finding them and using them again is almost like a treat in itself. That is what happened to me with a few products; I had forgotten how much I love them.

It all began with my shower. I decided to use my Aveda Smooth Infusion shampoo and conditioner. It's pricey, so I use it only on big occasions. Today's occasion? I wanted to treat myself. It had been awhile since I used it.This line smells so wonderfully good, and it works so well. My hair was very smooth, clean, and not frizzy at all. If you like investing in good hair products - which I need to do more - then you might want to consider Aveda.

After the shower, I always like to wash my face. I'll wash my face in the shower, and once I'm done, I finish my facial routine with tone, moisturizer, and eye cream. When it comes to my face regimen, I will spend more for quality. The quality products tend to last longer and show results. Why should you invest? If you buy quality products now and take care of your face, several years down the road you'll look younger than you are. There are some things you can skimp on, but your face shouldn't be one. I am currently using Clarins Foaming Cleanser with Cottonseed to wash my face. It's a nice, rich lather and smells great. All Clarins products smell and feel great. Next, I use a toner, then I end with a moisturizer. I have two: one for day and one for night both of which are anti-aging. Even though I'm 28, I've been using an anti-aging for years to prevent wrinkles. I finished it off with Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream. When I'm done with everything, I feel so refreshed and pampered.


Afterwards, I noticed my hands were very dry and looked terrible. The cold weather really takes a toll on them. I pulled out a lotion I love but haven't used in a while. I bought the k. hall designs lotion last Christmas; in fact, I have an old post about it. It is beautifully packaged and has an old feel to it with the tube it comes in. The lotion is very thick and very nourishing to skin. The fragrance is softly feminine. I love this lotion.

The last of my indulgences was my fabulous Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss by BareMinerals I got for my birthday. It's $18, but it is so worth it. It's the best shade of pink, and as soon as I locate my camera I'll do a review. It has a nice minty feel once it's applied. It's perfection!

My day of pampering was lovely. Have you ever had days like these? They just make life so much more enjoyable and lovely.

No comments: