Monday, April 9, 2012

Outfit Inspiration: Love Affair with Reading

As a former English teacher and aspiring librarian, I love to read, and the nerd in me loves wearing outfits inspired by literature. So, I made an outfit of reading! The scarf has love poems on it, the shoes are from The Little Prince, and the glasses necklace is a given, plus, it looks like Harry Potter! I would love this outfit. I really miss my literature classes, and I hope, hope, hope to one day be a librarian. What inspires your outfit creation? Purple and gray is my favorite color combination.

Why do I love to read so much? Well, to be honest I don't read as much as I used to read. I guess I've read so much in college and as a teacher that I'm burned. I used to tear through books. I'm picking it back up. I'm trying to get more into writing. I keep a journal but, once again, not as much as I used to. Reading makes me what a good cup of hot tea and quiet alone time. Sometimes we just need to escape; it's amazing that clothes can do that too.

Love Affair with Reading


Hartford silk top
€139 - maryandpaul.com

Burberry Prorsum long pants
$711 - matchesfashion.com

Kate Spade crystal jewelry
$225 - katespade.com

Forever 21 wood jewelry
$1.50 - forever21.com

Love Quotes Scarves linen scarve
$79 - calypsostbarth.com

No comments: