Thursday, April 7, 2011

Upsetting

I usually don't use this blog as an outlet for politics, but I'm very upset and concerned about the possibility that our military might not be paid due to a federal government shutdown. I'm a wife of a sailor, and this infuriates me. Honestly, I would feel the same way if I didn't have anyone in the military. Congress would even take away pay for the military who are currently fighting. Our military did not ask for the government to meltdown like this, and it isn't fair to take their hard-earned pay away. The politicians are still going to get paid while they act like children over the budget.

I don't like to complain without doing something to try to fix the situation. That is why I'm writing to every elected official in my state. I went to Congress's website, chose my state, and emailed everyone. Could you please do the same? It's not about Republican versus Democrat for me; it's about what's right for our military.

No comments: