Saturday, February 26, 2011

I love a bookstore!




Yes, you read right. On the back of the teen fiction version of Pride and Prejudice, it asks the reader to compare Elizabeth and Darcy to Edward and Bella. Sheesh. 

I love bookstores. I could spend hours in one, and I don't need to buy anything to have fun. I love smelling the coffee, looking at the odd-end trinkets, looking at journals, browsing the magazines. I do have a weakness for magazines. And random items that don't really fit into categories. Some would call them impulse items, which I do have to fight the urge to get. I am loving the new covers on classics, such as below.


As a librarian and former teacher, I can see the benefits of classics' covers looking like a Twilight novel, but at the same time, it's capitalizing too much on the success of the novels. Still, I love new, artsy covers!

No comments: