Saturday, December 18, 2010

Current Read: The Lady in the Tower

Currently, I am reading The Lady In the Tower by Alison Weir.I have been growing more and more interested in biographies. I think biographies of Audrey Hepburn did it for me. Before, I was into literature. Don't get me wrong; I still am. But now I'm grabbing the bios first before the fiction. Tudor history is so fascinating to me, especially Anne Boleyn. This book focuses specifically on Anne's fall, which no other book has done before. What I found interesting is that the author, who has written several books of the time period, has found errors in her previous conclusions of Anne. I have her other books, so I'll have to keep that in mind when I am reading them. If you're interested in this time period and this book seems a good one for you, be sure you know the basic players of the game before you read this one because it is assumed you already know them. It is really good and detailed. 

No comments: